A honeymooner’s Paradise!

Yes you heard it right. Three months into marriage and my soldier got posted to Defence Services Staff College – Wellington! And I was elated !
Marrying a soldier gave me everything I always wanted in life – adventure, shifting to a new place every two years (in my case it has been the third posting in 2years !), meeting new people, never having a dull moment and many more… Although we did not have an official honeymoon, post our ‘inter-cultural wedding’ stretching from west to east of India, our second posting was nothing less than a honeymoon. Little did I know that my soldier had already planned for a year-long surprise– thanks to his hard work – and we were in Wellington!
A small town in the Nilgiris district - Wellington is a lover’s paradise. Whether it is the lush green or rather the ‘Blue Mountains’, the Sun brightly shinning at us via a rainbow round, or the sheen on the wholesome moon across the majestic night sky, this place is a bliss for travelers, wanderers and certainly the ‘newly-weds’. A traveler by heart and religiously in love with mountains, the news of us moving to Wellington knew no bounds. I moved in with new excitements and expectation to explore a new place once again.

With the opportunity of living amongst the Blue Mountains for almost a year with my soldier, clubbed with the option of ‘work from home’, I could not have asked for more. Every day was a new journey here. Every weekend, we ventured out without thinking what our destination would be. The entire place was just so pristine and beautiful that any road you take led you to serenity with a sense of fulfillment. And not to forget the weekend trip organised by the College, was the icing on the cake! Both of us being ‘serious’ gluttons (don’t go by our sizes ;) ) and travel enthusiasts, Wellington opened up opportunities for indulging in our favourite outdoor activities, unexpected long drives up the hills, gorging over Chettinad cuisine and specially the never ending shopping spree for my favourite silks.



Wellington is a boon for newly-weds like me, especially when you are naive and still learning the tricks of the trade. I have been lucky enough to have built a strong set of friends here who are always there to teach me the ‘dos and don’ts’ and are specially working hard on my culinary skills. While I enjoyed my honeymoon in Wellington, I realised that very soon it will be time to bid friendly goodbyes to this wonderful place and all my dear friends; as ‘time’ is powerful, yet a selfish being.




Time came to pack our bags and made us move to a new place to experience something new for the good!


Comments

Popular Posts